Benefits of turmeric:
- It is a natural anti-inflammatory
- It is a powerful antioxidant
- It has potent anti-microbial properties
- It has anti-cancer properties
- It has wound healing properties
- It protects skin health
- It regulates immune responses
- It is neuroprotective in nature and benefits brain health
- It protects heart health
- It supports both male and female reproductive health
- Great for oral and dental hygiene
- It has a pain relieving effect
- It preserves bone health an protects from arthritis, osteoporosis etc.
Cayenne is excellent for easing arthritic pain, fighting colds and ‘flu, and protecting the health of your heart. Cayenne is rich in a compound called capsaicin, which boosts the metabolism, relieves joint pain and inflammation.
Benefits of cayenne pepper:
- A potent detoxing agent; promotes healthy lymphatic & digestive rhythms
- Stimulates the circulation
- High in capsaicin, which relieves joint pain & inflammation
- Anti-irritant, great for soothing scratchy throats
- Antifungal, anti-allergenic & antibacterial
- Fights colds & ‘flu by breaking up congested mucous
- Stimulates saliva production, for better digestion & oral health
Research supports that combining the piperine in black pepper with the curcumin in turmeric enhances curcumin absorption. Curcumin is also best absorbed with fat.
Precautions for Turmeric and Cayenne
- Turmeric and Cayenne in your diet is safe. However gastric discomfort may occur at high doses. It is advisable to start with small amounts and increase gradually. Excessive amounts of curcuminoids can cause ulcers and reduce red blood cells in body. Large doses can also cause vomiting, stomach pain, and symptoms of intoxication.
- Curcumin in turmeric has anti-platelet properties. If suffering from a bleeding risk or taking anti-coagulants please consult a health practitioner.
- Curcumin supplements should be discontinued 2 weeks prior to any surgical procedure.
- Curcumin can cause gall bladder contraction and should be avoided when suffering from active gall bladder duct obstruction or gallstone issues.
- May interact with prescription drugs increasing anti-coagulation drug effect. (Warfarin, Plavix, aspirin). Drugs reducing stomach acid (Tagamet, Pepcid, Zantac, Nexium, Prevacid, Omeprazole). Diabetic medication may increase effect and cause risk.
- Should not be taken during pregnancy.
Supplement Dose (to support a healthy lifestyle): Take 1-2 capsules twice daily with meals or as prescribed by your registered healthcare practitioner.
100% finely ground turmeric, cayenne and black pepper extract.
Each vegecap contain 300mg Curcuma, 180mg Capsicum annuum and 20mg Piper nigrum powder.